The mission of the Louisiana Pharmacists Association is:
To represent pharmacists in the State of Louisiana for the purpose of improving health care and enhancing the profession of pharmacy.
The purposes of the Louisiana Pharmacists Association are:
- to promote the interests of all pharmacists of the State of Louisiana,
- to promote the availability of quality pharmaceutical care,
- to promote the ethical provision of pharmacy practice,
- to identify issues affecting pharmacists and disseminate information, make policy, implement programsand coordinate activities to address them, and
- to educate members, the public, health care professionals and related organizations in all matters relevant to the practice of pharmacy.
LPA is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing education in Louisiana. We provide home study and live programs.
LPA holds educational and entertaining event each year â€“ the Annual Convention and Trade Show. Bring the family along for a fun-filled weekend! We also hold smaller educational and social gatherings throughout the year in different areas of the state.
The Louisiana Pharmacists Journal is mailed to members on a quarterly basis, giving the most current industry and association news, as well as offering home study continuing education opportunities. LPA also publishes the eCapsule, an electronic newsletter containing industry changes and hot topics.
Louisiana pharmacists are represented through LPA on both a local and national level. In addtion to having an active relationship with the Louisiana Board of Pharmacy and the Department of Health and Hospitals, LPA has representative seats on the following advisory councils in Louisiana:
- Prescription Monitoring Program
- Medicaid Pharmaceutical and Therapeutics Committee
- Louisiana Health First
- Louisiana Obesity Council
- Medication and Cost Study Task Force
LPA also represents Louisiana pharmacists through national affiliations such as APhA and NCPA House of Delegates and the National Alliance of Pharmacy State Associations.